Purse Pal PDF Sewing Pattern (includes SVGs)
This listing is for a DOWNLOADABLE PDF pattern only! If you want to make your own Purse Pal, you're in the right place. You are NOT purchasing a completed wallet.
With this purchase you will receive a PDF pattern with full pattern pieces, detailed pictures, step by step instructions and FREE SVG files! (See note below**). This pattern is designed to be used with any self-healing material such as cork, leather, vinyl etc as the edges are left raw (with the option of using edge paint to finish off the edges.) Do NOT try making with cotton fabric! This is a beginner friendly pattern, but you should be comfortable with inserting zippers, and cutting & sewing accurately which will make all the difference in the overall end look since the edges are left raw. If you've never sewn with cork, vinyl or leather before, please read the "Tips & Tidbits" section carefully where we share our tips for sewing with these materials.
Specs: Finished wallet is approximately 4” wide by 7” tall, has 6 recessed card slots, (with a closure tab to keep them secure), a long slip pocket, and a lined zippered main compartment.
You may sell the items you make from this pattern on a small-scale handmade basis, and credit is appreciated. (Not intended for commercial use.)
**Unfortunately, we are unable to assist in trouble shooting with each and every cutting machine out there. Some machines auto-resize the pattern pieces and may require you to ungroup them and resize using the 1" test box provided for accuracy.
To get started, you will need the following supplies:
• 2 sq ft of leather or ⅓ yd cork or vinyl
• 8”w x 7”h piece liner fabric
• ⅛ yd of lightweight fabric for card slots (2 ½”w x 40”h)
• (1) set of 12.5 mm spring snaps with setting tool (or Kam snaps)
• (1) 5” purse zipper (if using zipper by the yard, cut it 6”)
• ¼” Double sided tape
• Lighter or FrayCheck ™
• Spray adhesive
• Leather glue or Beacon Fabri-Tac™
• Rotary cutter (or SHARP X-Acto knife/box cutter)
• Quilting ruler
• Wonder clips
• Removable marking pen
• Sharp scissors
• Rotary leather punch or 5/32” hole punch
• Leather edge paint & applicator (*optional)
• 800 grit sandpaper (*optional)
• Craft glue stick (*optional)