Monroe Handbag PDF Sewing Pattern (includes a video!)
This listing is for a DOWNLOADABLE PDF pattern only! If you're wanted to make your own handbag, you're in the right place. You are not purchasing a completed bag! By purchasing this pattern Linds Handmade LLC grants the purchaser a non-exclusive, non-transferable, simple right of use license to use the sewing pattern for personal or limited commercial use. The rights to reproduce, publish or distribute the sewing pattern in whole or in part, to allow third parties to use it, to edit it or to change it in any form is strictly prohibited. Commercial use is limited to individual brand sales and is prohibited for mass production or manufacturers.
With this purchase you will receive an instant download PDF pattern with full pattern pieces, detailed pictures, and step by step instructions on how to make your own handbag. We’ve included instructions for 2 handle options: rolled or flat. It is recommended that if you choose to make the rolled handle option, you use a non-raying material such as cork/vinyl/leather because the long edge is left raw and painted using leather edge paint. If you choose to use fabric, we recommend sticking with the flat handle option.
This is an intermediate pattern, in that it uses advanced bag making techniques that require the sewer to have a general familiarity with bag making and uses tools/materials that a beginner may not have on hand. This is not recommended for someone brand new to sewing.
Specs: this bag measures approximately 10 ½” across, by 7 ¼” tall, by 4” deep. As written, the drop length of the handles is 5”. It features one exterior back slip pocket, 2 interior slip pockets, a recessed zipper top closure, optional d ring add-on to clip a crossbody strap to, and the side gussets snap and unsnap for a more spacious interior.
To get started, you will need the following supplies:
• ⅓ yard exterior fabric
• ⅓ yard accent (vinyl, cork or leather is preferred)
• ⅓ yard waterproof canvas
• 1 yard of 17” wide Decovil Light (or fusible fleece)
• ¼ yard Pellon 71F Peltex (or Decovil Heavy)
• ¼ yard of 20” wide woven interfacing
• (2) sets of 12.5 mm spring snaps with setting tool
• (1) 12” zipper by the yard or 14” purse zipper
• (1) zipper end cap (and mini screwdriver to install)
• (4) Purse feet (*optional)
• (4) 1” rectangle rings
• (11) small (6mm) double cap rivets
• 22” of ⅜” cotton or polyester filler cord (*for rolled handle option)
• ¼” Double sided tape
• Lighter or FrayCheck ™
• Leather glue or Beacon Fabri-Tac™
• Wonder clips
• Removable marking pen
• Sharp scissors
• Rotary leather punch or 5/32” hole punch
• Leather edge paint & applicator or Aleene’s Fabric Fusion™ (*optional)
• 800 grit sandpaper (*optional)
• (2) ½” D rings (*optional if wanting to be able to add a body strap)
Be sure to subscribe to our Youtube channel and join our Facebook group “Linds Handmade Designs” to show off your creations!