LindSport Mini Backpack PAPER PATTERN
This listing is for a PRINTED PAPER pattern only! If you're wanting to make your own LindSport, you're in the right place. You are NOT purchasing a completed backpack! By purchasing this pattern Linds Handmade LLC grants the purchaser a non-exclusive, non-transferable, simple right of use license to use the sewing pattern for personal or limited commercial use. The rights to reproduce, publish or distribute the sewing pattern in whole or in part, to allow third parties to use it, to edit it or to change it in any form is strictly prohibited. Commercial use is limited to individual brand sales and is prohibited for mass production or manufacturers.
With this purchase you will receive a paper pattern mailed to you with full pattern pieces (you will not need to join pattern pieces together, however some pieces that are larger than 17” we have you “cut on fold”) detailed pictures, and step by step instructions on how to make your own mini backpack. There is even a full-length how-to video on our YouTube channel, Linds Handmade Designs, showing you how to make this bag from start to finish if you need any additional support.
This is an intermediate pattern, in that it uses advanced bag making techniques that require the sewer to have a general familiarity with bag making. It requires accurate cutting/sewing and installing a curved zipper which can be challenging for new sewers.
Specs: approximately 10” wide by 3” deep and 12” tall. Straps are cut 40” long and fully adjustable with a convenient grab handle along the top. It features a front 3 D pocket with 2 pen pockets and a larger slip pocket and has a large back exterior zipper pocket and optional key clip. Inside has a slip pocket. This pattern uses binding on the final finishes on the interior of the bag.
Materials & Supplies:
• ¾ yard main fabric (includes length for straps/carrying handle)
• ⅓ yard waterproof canvas (WPC)
• ⅓ yard accent fabric
• ¼ yard of 17” Decovil Light (more if not using WPC for lining)
• 1 yard of 45” woven interfacing (*fabric dependent)
• 1¼ yards of #5 zipper tape and 4 matching pulls
(if using metal zipper tape, make sure it is two-way)
• (2) 1” rectangle rings
• (2) 1” strap adjusters (with rounded corners for comfort)
• (1) ⅝” swivel clasp (*optional)
• (11) small rivets (*optional)
• 95” of 1” webbing for straps/carrying handle (*optional)
• 5/32” leather hole punch or rotary punch (*optional)
• Rotary cutter
• Quilting ruler
• Wonder clips
• Removable marking pen/chalk
• (1) roll of ¼” double-sided tape, Fabri-Tac™, or craft glue stick
• 2½ yards of ½” double fold bias tape (*only if not using WPC)