Krystal Convertible Bag PAPER PATTERN
This listing is for a PAPER PATTERN only! If you want to make your own convertible bag, you’re in the right place. You are NOT buying a completed bag. By purchasing this pattern Linds Handmade LLC grants the purchaser a non-exclusive, non-transferable, simple right of use license to use the sewing pattern for personal or limited commercial use. The rights to reproduce, publish or distribute the sewing pattern in whole or in part, to allow third parties to use it, to edit it or to change it in any form is strictly prohibited. Commercial use is limited to individual brand sales and is prohibited for mass production or manufacturers.
With this purchase, you will receive a printed paper pattern sent in the mail with detailed pictures and step by step instructions on how to make your own Krystal Convertible bag. This pattern is for the advanced bag maker as it requires rivets and a setting tool, (or Chicago screws) to add the d ring connectors to the bag at the end. As written, this pattern can be made on most domestic machines. We’ve included dozens of pictures to accompany each step, as well full pattern pieces. As with all our patterns, we have a video tutorial available on our YouTube channel Linds Handmade Designs.
Specs: Finished bag is approximately 11” wide along the bottom oval base and 14" across the top. It is by 12” tall by 6” deep. It has 1 exterior slip pocket as well as a zipper pocket, 2 interior slip pockets on one side, and 1 interior zipper pocket on the opposite side.
Materials & Supplies:
• ½ yard main fabric
• ½ yard lining fabric
• ⅓ yard leather/cork/vinyl (plus length for straps if not using webbing)
• ½ yard fusible fleece*
• ¼ yard Peltex 71F
• 1 yard of 45” woven interfacing*
• 2½ yards 1” webbing (if not using leather/cork/vinyl for straps)
• (1) 13” #5 zipper by the yard (or 14” bag zipper)
• (1) 9” #5 zipper by the yard (or 8” bag zipper)
• (1) 8” #5 zipper by the yard (or 7” bag zipper)
• (3) #5 zipper pulls (if using zipper by the yard)
• (4) 1” D rings or rectangle rings
• (4) 10mm double cap rivets or Chicago screws
• (10-12) 6mm or 8mm double cap rivets (*optional)
• Leather edge paint & applicator or Aleene’s Fabric Fusion™ (*optional)
• 5/32” leather hole punch or rotary punch
• ⅛”-¼” Double-sided tape
• Wonder clips or metal hair clips
• Leather glue & applicator or Beacon Fabri-Tac™
• Quilting ruler
• Rotary cutter
Be sure to subscribe to our Youtube channel and join our Facebook group “Linds Handmade Designs” to show off your creations!