Guardian Anti-theft Backpack PDF Sewing Pattern (includes SVGs)
This listing is for a DOWNLOADABLE PDF pattern only! You are NOT purchasing a completed Guardian Backpack! By purchasing this pattern Linds Handmade LLC grants the purchaser a non-exclusive, non-transferable, simple right of use license to use the sewing pattern for personal or limited commercial use. The rights to reproduce, publish or distribute the sewing pattern in whole or in part, to allow third parties to use it, to edit it or to change it in any form is strictly prohibited. Commercial use is limited to individual brand sales and is prohibited for mass production or manufacturers.
With this purchase you will receive an instant download PDF pattern with full pattern pieces, detailed pictures, and step by step instructions on how to make your own anti-theft style backpack. There is even a full-length how-to video on our YouTube channel, Linds Handmade Designs, showing you how to make this bag from start to finish if you need any additional support.
This is an intermediate pattern, in that it uses advanced bag making techniques that require the sewer to have a general familiarity with bag making. It requires accurate cutting/sewing and installing a curved zipper which can be challenging for new sewers.
Specs: approximately 11” wide by 5” deep and 11” tall. Straps are cut 40” long and fully adjustable with a convenient grab handle along the top. The pattern also includes instructions for an optional, removable shoulder strap as well. It features 2 exterior side slip pockets and inside has a slip pocket and 2 pen pockets. This pattern uses binding only on the bottom base on the interior of the bag. The “anti-theft” nature of this design is that the main entry to the interior of the bag is through a zipper that lies against your back.
Materials & Supplies:
• ½ yard main fabric
• ½ yard accent fabric
• ½ yard waterproof canvas (WPC)
• 1 yard of 17” Decovil light (more if not using WPC for lining)
• 1 yard of 45” woven interfacing (*fabric dependent)
• 20” of #5 zipper tape and 1 zipper pull
• (2-4) 1” D rings (4 if doing optional shoulder strap)
• (2) 1½” strap adjusters (with rounded corners for comfort)
• (2) 1½” swivel clasps
• (2) 1” swivel clasps (*optional for shoulder strap)
• small rivets (*optional)
• 3¼ yards of 1½” webbing for straps/grab handle
• 5/32” Leather hole punch or rotary punch (*optional)
• Rotary cutter (or SHARP X-Acto knife/box cutter)
• Quilting ruler
• Wonder clips
• Removable marking pen/chalk
• (1) roll of ¼” Double-sided tape, Fabri-Tac™, or leather glue
• 1 yard of ½” double fold bias tape (*only if not using WPC)
• 8x11 piece of cork/vinyl/leather (*optional for grab handle and shoulder strap)