Bend and Snap Clutch PDF Sewing Pattern (includes SVGs, A0 Files and video!)
This listing is for a DOWNLOADABLE PDF pattern only! You are not purchasing a completed Clutch! By purchasing this pattern Linds Handmade LLC grants the purchaser a non-exclusive, non-transferable, simple right of use license to use the sewing pattern for personal or limited commercial use. The rights to reproduce, publish or distribute the sewing pattern in whole or in part, to allow third parties to use it, to edit it or to change it in any form is strictly prohibited. Commercial use is limited to individual brand sales and is prohibited for mass production or manufacturers.
With this purchase you will receive an instant download PDF pattern with full pattern pieces, detailed pictures, and step by step instructions on how to make your own minimalist wallet clutch. This pattern is designed to be used with any self-healing textile such as cork, leather, vinyl etc as some edges are left raw on the interior portion of the bag. You may use fabric for the exterior in order to show off a feature fabric but Do NOT try making the whole thing with cotton fabric!
This is an intermediate pattern in that it uses advanced bag making techniques that require the sewer to have a general familiarity with bag making. This is not recommended for someone brand new to sewing. You should be comfortable using a quilting ruler and rotary cutter or sharp knife (ie box cutter or X-acto knife) for cutting straight lines.
Specs: 9 1/2"w x 6"h x 1"d. It has a top carrying handle, 1 exterior zipper pocket, 2 interior zipper pockets, a clear vinyl ID window and 6 card slots.
Materials and supplies needed:
• ⅓ yard 57” wide cork/vinyl/leather (length needed for strap)
• ½ yard of quilt cotton fabric
• ½ yard of 45” woven interfacing
• (2) 8” #5 zipper (if using zipper by the yard, cut to 9”)
• (1) 7” #5 zipper (if using zipper by the yard, cut to 7½”)
• (1) Set spring snaps/Kam snap and setting tool
• (1) piece clear 14 or 16g vinyl 4¼w x 3”h
• (2) ⅝” D rings
• (2) ⅝” swivel clasps
• (1) ⅝” strap adjuster
• (2) sets 14mm slim magnetic snaps
• (8) small rivets (*optional)
• (4) medium rivets
• ⅓ yard fusible fleece (*Optional)
• ¼” double sided tape
• Removable marking pen
• Rotary cutter (or SHARP X-Acto knife/box cutter)
• Leather glue or Beacon Fabri-Tac™
• Sharp scissors
• Quilting ruler
• Wonder clips
• 5/32” Leather hole punch or rotary punch
• Pinking shears
• Leather edge paint & applicator or Aleene’s Fabric Fusion™ (*Optional)
Be sure to subscribe to our Youtube channel and join our Facebook group “Linds Handmade Designs” to show off your creations!