Fab Sling PDF Sewing Pattern (includes SVGs)
This listing is for a DOWNLOADABLE PDF pattern only! You are NOT purchasing a completed bag! By purchasing this pattern Linds Handmade LLC grants the purchaser a non-exclusive, non-transferable, simple right of use license to use the sewing pattern for personal or limited commercial use. The rights to reproduce, publish or distribute the sewing pattern in whole or in part, to allow third parties to use it, to edit it or to change it in any form is strictly prohibited. Commercial use is limited to individual brand sales and is prohibited for mass production or manufacturers.
With this purchase you will receive an instant download PDF pattern with full pattern pieces, detailed pictures, and step by step instructions on how to make your own minimalist cellphone purse. We have even included FREE SVG files to use with a cutting machine. This pattern was designed to mimic our popular intermediate pattern, the Slim Sling, only reconfigured in a way to be able to be made in your favorite quilt cottons and have no raw edges like the original version. This is NOT the same pattern as the Slim Sling or a "hack" of the original. It has been completely rewritten with all new pattern pieces and comes together very differently. This redesign also includes a small dart on the front of the bag to allow for a little more storage room inside the main compartment.
This is a "confident" beginner friendly pattern, but still requires one to be comfortable sewing accurate seam allowances and curves.
Specs: Finished purse is approximately 5” wide by 8” tall. There are 2 style options. Option A offers a zippered back pocket and option B offers a clear vinyl slip pocket on the back to see and use your cellphone without taking it out. Both options have 3 recessed card slots located on the interior of the main compartment. The flap is held securely shut with a magnetic snap.
To get started, you will need the following supplies:
• ⅓ yard main fabric (includes length for strap)
• ¼ yard accent fabric
• ¼ yard lining fabric
• ¼ yard of 17” Decovil light
• ½ yard of 45” woven interfacing
• (1) ⅝” Strap adjuster (or ½”)
• (2) ⅝” Swivel clasps (or ½”)
• (2) ⅝” D rings (or ½”)
• (1) set 18mm slim magnetic snaps
• (1) 5¼”x 7½” piece 16g clear vinyl (*option B)
• (1) 6” #5 zipper or 7” if using zipper by the yard (*option A)
• (1) set 12.5mm spring snaps and setting tools (*optional)
• Rotary leather punch (*optional for installing spring snap)
• Craft glue stick (*optional but highly recommended)
• ⅛” Double sided tape or Beacon Fabri-Tac™ (*optional)
• Rotary cutter
• Quilting ruler
• Wonder clips/alligator clips/straight pins
• Removable marking pen/chalk